Our gang of 17 went on an 8-day cruise with My Blue Cruise aboard the Seaborn Legend and it was the BEST VACATION we have ever been on!!! These are just a few of the reasons why:
CREW: We had the nicest, most accommodating crew with our favorite captain, Ali! They made sure we were safe, comfortable and happy at all times! They were hospitable and genuinely made the Seaborn our home for that week. We can't thank them enough for how accommodating they were.
FOOD: Some of the best food we had in Turkey was on that boat. We were amazed at ever single meal! Again, the crew was SO accommodating, especially considering we had three vegetarians and a serious gluten-free-or-will-end-up-in-the-hospital aboard our ship. Still, the crew made it work and made sure everyone was able to eat all the food. Everything we ate fresh, local and delicious. Even our New York trained chef was super impressed! Our friends celebrated two birthdays and an engagement during this week long trip, and the crew even managed to get champagne and cake for us- seriously, the BEST.
ACTIVITIES: The crew made sure we were always having a great time! they really thought of everything - they had snorkeling gear, noodles, floats- everything we needed for a great time! we jumped off the boat, went rope swinging, fishing, hiking, spent some days relaxing and reading, and ended every night looking up at the clear sky and star gazing. Could not have been more perfect.
We highly recommend considering My Blue Cruise for your next vacation. We had the most incredible time with the best crew in Turkey!!!
I did a 4 day/3 night Fethiye-Olympus gulet trip with My Blue Cruise and loved it. We didn't actually manage to get to Olympus because of bad weather but enjoyed pottering around the islands in the bay near Fethiye. Ali, Elias and Hilme were great crew and the food was excellent. Lots of fresh salads and grilled meat. The boat was really large and the cabins spacious with an excellent bathroom in each one. We chose to sleep on deck under the stars at night on comfy sun lounger mattresses, which was a highlight of the trip. I would totally recommend this company. We enjoyed our trip so much that we stayed on a couple more nights! Ali was very accommodating in dropping us off somewhere we could catch a bus to our next destination.
I'm still reeling from life on Seaborn Legend. Without exaggeration, those 8 days and 7 nights were some of the best of my life. The scenery, the beautiful boat (great cabins with small bathrooms in each, beautiful wood everything, speakers for music, perfect lounging areas), the super chill and friendly crew, the food—my god, the breakfasts, the LIFE. Swim, eat, read, nap, swim, eat, read, nap. Cozy coves and fun at night. Stars. Remember stars? The crew found the perfect balance of showing us great sites and keeping us out of rough waters. We saw PLENTY. I am terrible at relaxing, but I figured it out pretty quickly.
Around halfway through, when we stopped in a city for supplies for a couple of hours, I stepped off the boat, walked down the pier, turned around, and got back on the boat. It was home. No, it was better than home, because I'm home now, and I want to go baaaaaaaaaack.
Organize a trip with 15 or so close friends and make it happen. You will absolutely have the best time.
I joined a Yoga Cruise with My Blue Cruise in September 2015 and had an excellent experience. Here are my highlights;
- the staff onboard the boat are some of the friendliest, accommodating, hospitable people in Turkey I have met on my trip so far. They are also very knowledgable of the Lycian / Ottoman history in this region.
- sunrise and sunset yoga with visiting Yoga Teacher. It was amazing to practice yoga in such a stunning environment - surrounded my the clearest turquoise waters and spotting turtles while we practiced.
- spectacular snorkelling - every bay we visited I snorkelled with many giant turtles.
- hiking the Lycian Coast and visiting ancient ruins
- the food onboard is excellent - there's a lot of variety. I am vegetarian and had many dishes to choose from every meal.
- the cabins are clean and comfortable however I always chose to sleep under the stars which was amazing to wake up to incredible sunrises.
- the staff and the rest of the passengers onboard were all really friendly, laid-back and relaxed - it's possible to have many moments of being social but also to find a quite place on the boat for solitude and 'me time'.
- I would go back in a heart beat! I know there's lots of interesting yoga cruises they are running next year - check it out!